Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Surfin the Green Wave


Throughout this whole blogging process (which is very new to me, by the way), I have had to do extensive research about eco-friendly living. As I am obviously no authority on the matter, I have had to rely on the expertise of others in order to find new and interesting things to tell you about.


This experience has been an eye-opening one for me. Initially Lydia and I thought that this idea for our blog was a fairly creative one. Yet after getting started, we began to realize that we were small fish in a large pond. There are dozens of both small and large blogs about eco-friendly living, dressing, and decorating, and it has been so much fun to see what else is out there.


On that note, I thought that I should share some of the great sites that I have found in the hopes that you will enjoy looking at all of them just as much as I have:


2 Modern (includes an Eco-Friendly section)

Chic Tip (includes a Green Design category)

Design Public (includes a section called Sustainable Design)

Eco-Chick

Eco Etsy Blog

Etsy

Gaiam

GREENCulture

Green Your Décor

Design Within Reach

Turning Life

Uncommon Goods (under collections, they have Recycled Home and Recycled Jewelry sections)

Velocity Art and Design (includes an Eco-Friendly category)

Vivaterra

Vivavi


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You may be small fish in a big pond, but you're in one of the few ponds not losing oxygen from runoff, fertilizers, and pesticides!

    This is a great blog. And you have a unique perspective! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete